The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center's Community Outreach Program is committed to providing reliable health information, tailored programs and special events to educate the community about cancer prevention, screening, and early diagnosis, and, increase awareness of, and trust in research conducted at UMCCC.
Who We Are
Martha Laatsch, M.S.W.
Director, Community Outreach
Madeline Gonzalez, M.Ed.
What We Offer
- Speaker's Bureau - experts from the U-M Cancer Center give presentations for corporations, civic organizations, schools, churches and businesses
- Community Outreach Events - see where the Cancer Center is in your community
- Minority Outreach Initiative - provides culturally- tailored community events and materials for communities of color
- Free cancer educational displays and materials for health fairs, meetings and conferences
- Free cancer screenings
- Community-wide event to celebrate National Cancer Survivors' Day in early June. Learn more.