Minority Outreach Initiative
The goals of the Minority Outreach Initiative include:
- Building trusting relationships between UM and communities of color
- Improving multicultural access to and utilization of UMCCC programs and services
- Enhancing awareness of and diverse enrollment in cancer clinical trials
The Minority Outreach Initiative seeks to achieve these goals by:
- Offering community-based cancer education and programming
- Generating greater awareness of cancer research studies among community members
- Working with researchers in development, pre testing and pilot testing for clinical and prevention research studies.
- Men's Fellowship Breakfast
- Hats and High Tea
- Dia de la Familia
This is is a family-focused event for Latinos in Washtenaw County. The event features free health screenings, entertainment, food, community partner booths and resources that address mental, physical and social health issues in the Latino community.
Who we are
Kenneth Resnicow, Ph.D.
Cancer Center Director of Health Disparities Research
Professor of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health