Patient and Family Advisory Committee
Our MissionTo ensure the delivery of exemplary patient- and family-centered care in adult cancer care areas of Michigan Medicine through an active partnership of patients, families, health care providers and the community.
How We WorkWe are an advisory committee that provides input to the faculty, staff and administration of the cancer programs throughout Michigan Medicine on decisions and plans that affect cancer patients and their families. To address the areas that most impact patients and families, the committee has established four standing sub-committees:
- Improving Outpatient Care
- Improving Inpatient Care
- Patient and Family Support and Education
Committee and E-adviser membership is open to all cancer patients and family members.
Learn more by reading our Overview of PFAC and Sub-Committees [pdf].
Join Us In Sharing the Patient and Family VoiceIf you are a current or former patient or family member of the cancer program at the University of Michigan, please consider joining us to share your experiences and your voice.
Patients and family members can join us as:
- A Patient and Family Advisory Committee member (attend monthly onsite meetings in the evening to address needs and set priorities)
- A Patient and Family Advisory sub-committee member (work with other committee members who share your area of interest at meetings held on-site, online or via conference call)
- E-adviser (review and comment on a variety of issues)
You can be involved in one of these ways as much or as little as your time allows. Or, you can simply share your story with us just once, to help us enhance the patient- and family-centered care experience for everyone. Your voice is important to us!
How to Join Us:
- Membership Application
- Membership Profile
- Email us at: Cancer-Support-Services@med.umich.edu
- Call us at: 734-615-4012 or 885-257-3312