Patient Resources and Information
There are a number of services available to support those diagnosed with breast cancer.
From the U-M Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Breast Calcifications
- Breast Cancer Information Guide [pdf]
- Cancer Genetics--(Breast & Ovarian Cancer) [pdf].
- Chemotherapy Information Guide [pdf]
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- Breast Pain
- Sexuality and Cancer Information Guide
- Who Do I Call? Surgical Oncology Contact Numbers
- Understanding Breast Changes
- The National Comprehensive Cancer Network's Breast Cancer Guidelines
- Breast Cancer Surgery Handbook [pdf]
- Breast Cancer Surgery Video
- Chemotherapy and You [pdf] provided by the National Cancer Institute
- Hormone Therapy: Which is Right for You?
- Infusion Therapy Handbook [pdf]
- Chemotherapy Treatment website
- Radiation and You [pdf] provided by the National Cancer Institute
- Radiation Therapy at the University of Michigan: A Patient Handbook [pdf]
- Radiation Oncology
- Side Effects
- At Diagnosis
- During Cancer Treatment
- Advanced Cancer
- Looking Your Best
- Post-Mastectomy Prosthetics
- Wig Bank
- The Breast Cancer Survivorship Initiative Intended to assist breast cancer survivors who may have ongoing issues related to their breast cancer treatment.
- Breast & Ovarian Risk Evaluation Program
- Gynecologic Care for Breast Cancer and BRCA patients
- Reducing the Swelling: New laser therapy among treatment options for lymphedema
- Keeping Up Appearances: When cancer changes your looks, the makeover starts inside
- What complementary therapies are helpful for breast cancer?
- Five FAQs about lymphedema
- Deep Breaths: Harnessing the power of yoga to recover from breast cancer
- Men Can and Do Get Breast Cancer
- View all of our blog articles about breast cancer
Other Programs/Services for Breast Cancer Patients
- NCCN Guidelines for Patients® - Stage 0 Breast Cancer
- NCCN Guidelines for Patients® - Stage I and II Breast Cancer
- NCCN Guidelines for Patients® - Stage III Breast Cancer
- NCCN Guidelines for Patients® - Breast Cancer
the e-mail discussion group for Breast Cancer patients and families, hosted by the Association of Cancer Online Resources (ACOR).
the e-mail discussion group for Male Breast Cancer patients and families, hosted by the Association of Cancer Online Resources (ACOR).
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
On-Line Discussion Groups:
American Cancer Society