The Fertility Preservation clinic, provides counseling and education services, as well as semen collection and storage for male patients; and oocyte (egg) stimulation, harvesting and storage services for female patients.
The Fertility Preservation clinic offers patients:
- counseling to discuss cancer-related infertility process
- the expertise of the U-M Assisted Reproduction Technology (ART) laboratory
- physician specialists in reproductive endocrinology
- the assistance of the nurse counselor who will act as liaison between the ART laboratory and Cancer Center physicians ensuring timely processing of samples
- comprehensive educational materials for patients, partners and family members