Fertility Preservation Treatment
Providing comprehensive team-based treatment and support to adult and pediatric cancer patients
At the Briarwood Center for Reproductive Medicine, care for adult and pediatric cancer patients is provided under the direction of Molly Moravek, M.D., Ph.D., a reproductive endocrinologist. Our clinic follows a team approach to care, with a focus on long term outcomes. We recognize that there is no right or wrong answers as a patient evaluates whether to preserve fertility. That is why the clinic also welcomes patients who are still considering the pros and cons of fertility preservation.
As part of the Center for Reproductive Medicine, we use the only proven technique for post-puberty egg preservation, sperm and testicular tissue collection and storage.
We are the only fully-integrated, interdisciplinary clinic in Michigan for cancer patients who wish to preserve their fertility before treatment begins. Reproductive specialists on the team include:
- Reproductive endocrinologist
- Fertility Preservation Coordinator
The first appointment includes medical history, physical exam and blood work, family building goals, understanding the cancer therapy timeline, presentation of options, discussion of cost/insurance coverage, offer of access to mental health support and counseling, and time to answer questions.
Additional support includes:
- Individual mental health support through our dedicated social workers
- Access to support groups
- Financial support through the clinic’s partnerships
- Participation in clinical trials
- On-site storage for tissue preservation
- Continuity of care -- patients can come back for assistive reproductive techniques when it is time to conceive
- Access to both established and experimental techniques that are on the forefront of science
Contact our Fertility Preservation Coordinator with questions and/or to make an appointment:
Erin Spangler, LMSW