The UM Cancer Center Volunteer and Community Resources Program is seeking your help creating Valentine’s Day ‘Bags of Cheer’ for adult cancer patients being treated at the University Health Center.
On Valentines Day, each adult cancer patient at the Cancer Center and in the hospital receives a bag stuffed with home-made valentines created by volunteers. Patients look forward to this event every year and are inspired by the thoughtfulness of those creating these special cards of cheer.
Here's how you can help
Make valentine cards appropriate for adult patients. They don't have to be fancy . . . it's the thought that counts!
General Guidelines for the cards:
- Cards must be no larger than 5"x7" to fit into bag.
- No store bought cards please
- Avoid religious references to allow distribution to all of our diverse patient groups
- Avoid "Get well soon!" messages; though messages of hope and cheer such as "I'm thinking of you", or "Hoping you have a great day", are appreciated
- No glitter on cards for safety reasons
- No food attached to cards
- Do not place cards in envelopes
- Remember to sign each card with a first name or name of group or just "Happy Valentine's Day!"
- Please do not add date to cards.
Please deliver cards by February 1, 2016 (ATTN: Mary McCully).
Cards may be sent via:
Campus Mail: 4th floor MIB, Rm C433, SPC 5843
US Mail: U-M Comprehensive Cancer Center
Volunteer & Community Resources
1500 E. Medical Center Dr., Rm C433 MIB
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-5843
Please include information regarding name of donor & mailing address
Help spread the word about this effort! Download and print the event flyer.
Need more information? Have questions?
Contact Mary McCully, Volunteer & Community Resources Coordinator at phone 734-936-8307; or email: email@example.com.