These are some of the many opportunities to make a difference:
- Care Ambassadors - Share your compassion with others by offering comfort items to patients and families in waiting areas.
- Courtesy Center - Good with directions? Assist visitors with information on Ann Arbor and surrounding areas.
- iPod and Tech Squad - Assist patients and families by teaching them to use iPod technology to improve their well-being and their experience at our center.
- New Patient Guide - Help ease the way. Assist newly diagnosed cancer patients as they navigate the health-care system.
- Musician Volunteer - Provide live music performances in the lobby or other waiting areas to promote a relaxing environment.
- Patient Advisory Board Committee - board members serve between 2-3 years and are focused on helping the the cancer center deliver the highest standard of patient-family centered care.
- Patient Education Resource Center - Use computer skills to assist patients and visitors seeking cancer information.
- Special Events and Projects - As an individual or as part of a group, lend a hand with one of the numerous events or one-time projects throughout the year.
- Consider helping us in a different way. Make a fleece blanket for our Warm Fuzzies blanket project, which offers patients comfort during treatment.
If you are currently caring for someone with a serious illness, if you yourself are dealing with an illness, or if you have experienced the death of a loved one in the past year, this may not be the best time for you to commit to us. However, we hope that you will consider volunteering in the future.
Getting Started is easy
To find out about these or other opportunities to volunteer; or to suggest ideas of your own, contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator, at 734-936-8307.