Multidisciplinary Gynecologic Oncology Clinic
Providing team-based treatment and support to all patients
U-M Comprehensive Cancer Center
Gynecology Oncology Clinic
1500 E. Medical Center Dr., Floor 1
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Patients in the Multidisciplinary Gynecologic Oncology Clinic receive comprehensive therapy coordinated within a single clinic, resulting in the delivery of cutting-edge clinical care. And we give special attention to providing you a caring and supportive environment with the help of our nursing staff, nurse practitioners, social workers and dietitians.
We also offer the latest chemotherapy research processes that use both investigational and approved medications for a wide range of gynecologic malignancies.
Our services are divided between oncology (cancer diagnosis and treatment) and colposcopy. Colposcopy is dedicated to patients with pre-cancer of the lower genital tract including abnormal Pap tests, dysplasia, condyloma, and carcinoma in situ. Women with these issues are seen in our Colposcopy Clinic.
What to expect
There are clinical trials available for those with Cervical Cancer, Fallopian Tube Cancer, Ovarian Cancer or Uterine Cancer. We also have a quality of life study available.
Our clinic oordinates many types of treatment options to provide the best opportunity for treatment success against the cancer while minimizing the potential for side effects and other complications. Clinical services provided for patients include:
- Assessment and Consultation
- Surgery, including
- Radical surgery
- Ultra-radical surgery including pelvic exenteration and LEER procedures
- Minimally invasive surgery with
- da Vinci robot-assisted laparoscopy
- Sentinel node mapping
- Fertility sparing surgery including radical trachelectomy
- Reconstructive surgery including myocutaneous flaps and skin grafting
- Latest surgical refinements including nerve sparing radical hysterectomy
- Chemotherapy, including
- Intravenous chemo
- Intraperitoneal chemo
- Oral chemo
- Radiation implants, working in concert with the Radiation Oncology Department
- Clinical Trials, including the latest research for treatment of difficult diseases
- Gynecologic Oncology Group, a national collaborative research group
- Investigator-Initiated Trials
- Industry-Sponsored Trials
- Surveillance for treated patients (Cancer Survivors)
- Management of complicated cancer-related problems including pain control and comfort issues
Services and related websites
Still have questions?
The nurses at Cancer AnswerLine™ have answers. Call 1-800-865-1125 and you'll get a personal response from one of our registered nurses, who have years of experience in caring for people with cancer.