Throat Cancer Screening
9am - 1pm
Where: A. Alfred Taubman Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
Floor 1, Reception A
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Use Parking Deck 2
Map and Driving Directions | Map of Level 1, Taubman Center
Registration Required: Call Cancer AnswerLine™ at 800-865-1125
Plan to join us for this FREE event celebrating Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Week
- Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
- Are you concerned about the amount of alcohol you drink?
- Is your throat or mouth sore?
- Do you have hoarseness that won’t go away?
- Trouble swallowing food? Or a lump in your neck?
Any of these problems could be signs of throat cancer. Throat cancer can be treated if caught early. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should consider being evaluated.
Exams take less than 45 minutes.
The event will include:
- Complete throat cancer screening examination
- Counseling to help you quit smoking or reduce your alcohol use (by appointment)
- Additional information about throat cancer
- Free parking or AATA bus transportation
Help spread the word about this event! Download/print the Throat Cancer Screening Event flyer [pdf].
Sponsored by the U-M Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, U-M Cancer Center, and U-M MHealthy Tobacco Consultation Service & Alcohol Management Program.