Douglas Allen Arenberg, MD
Dr. Douglas Arenberg is a specialist in pulmonary and critical care medicine. After graduating from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago, he completed a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care at the University of Michigan in 1996. Dr. Arenberg has a research interest in the control of angiogenesis in lung cancer. His clinical interests include pre-operative assessment and management of patients with known or suspected lung cancer, as well as early detecition and studies of risk biomarkers for lung cancer.
Angiogenesis, the role of migration inhibitory factor (MIF) in cancer, tumor microenvironment and its influence on tumor biology. Lung cancer screening, early detection and risk biomarker studies.
- Medical School or Training
- University of Illinois, 1990
- University of Michigan Health System, Internal Medicine, MI, 1993
- Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, 1996
- Professional Organizations
- Fellow American College of Physicians
- Fellow; American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- International Association for the study of Lung Cancer
- Board Certification
- Pulmonary Disease
- Critical Care Medicine