Richard Joseph Auchus, MD, PhD
Dr. Auchus is a steroid biologist with expertise both in basic science and clinical/translational science. His work has included translational research into: molecular and genetic mechanisms of human hypertension, improved diagnostic studies and management in primary aldosteronism and Cushing syndromes, modifier genes in 21-hydroxylase deficiency, cardiovascular disease in polycystic ovary syndrome, and the endocrinology of traumatic brain injury.
Learn more about Dr. Auchus's research.
- Medical School or Training
- Washington University School of Medicine, 1988
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Internal Medicine, IA, 1991
- Endocrinology, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center, 1993
- Professional Organizations
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- Board Certification
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism