Basic Science Division
Associate Director: Stephen Weiss, M.D.
Cancer Hematopoiesis and Immunology
Pavan Reddy, M.D., co-leader Weiping Zou, M.D., Ph.D., co-leader
- Aim 1: To elucidate cellular and molecular mechanisms that govern interactions between immune cells, factors, and signaling in the cancer setting
- Aim 2: To dissect cellular and molecular regulation of blood and marrow transplant immunology
- Aim 3: To evaluate the utility and impact of laboratory discoveries for new approaches in cancer and transplantation patients
Cancer Genetics Program
David Beer, Ph.D., co-leader Kathy Cho, M.D., co-leader
- Aim 1: To make impactful discoveries that provide new insights into the genetic and epigenetic mechanisms of cancer development and progression.
- Aim 2: To translate new knowledge into effective strategies for prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment of cancer.
- Aim 3: To develop novel animal model systems for testing effects of critical genetic alterations found in human cancers.
Anj Dlugosz, M.D., co-leader Marina Pasca Di Magliano, Ph.D., co-leader
Specific Aims TBD
Shaomeng Wang, Ph.D., co-leader Judy Leopold, Ph.D., co-leader
- Aim 1: Validate novel cancer targets that are amenable to pharmacological intervention.
- Aim 2: Evaluate promising therapeutic agents and biomarkers in clinically relevant preclinical model systems.
- Aim 3: Advance preclinical proof of concept studies into biomarker-enabled clinical trials.