Pharmacokinetics Team Helps Advance Discovery
The mission of the Pharmacokinetics Shared Resource is to facilitate both preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetic research efforts through a range of services to help advance discovery:
- Discover new medicines
- Obtain research funding
- File patent applications
- Publish academic research findings
Pharmacokinetics Core Objectives
Our pharmacokinetics team studies molecular ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion) and pharmacokinetics of drugs with three objectives:
- To support preclinical pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism and LC-MS analysis for lead compound selection and dose optimization in anticancer drug discovery and development
- To support clinical pharmacokinetics (Non-GLP), LC-MS analysis and dose optimization for clinical trials of anticancer drugs
- To enhance joint grant applications, joint publications and joint patent applications with Cancer Center members in pharmacokinetic (PK) studies
Support Services Enhance Pharmacokinetics Research Efforts
Through either a collaborative partnership for grant proposals or a consultative approach for any pharmacokinetics needs, our team provides extensive experience and technical expertise in a range of areas:
- Bioanalysis: For both small and larger protein molecules, tissue bioanalysis, biomarker measurement, formulation analysis and method development, we offer state-of-the-art equipment and instrumentation to assess molecules or compounds.
- Lead Optimization: Our team supports microsomal stability, metabolite identification, reaction phenotyping, CYP enzyme induction, protein binding and blood/plasma ratio.
- Pre-Clinical Studies: Including in vivo screening, in vivo PK, oral bioavailability, biodistribution, max tolerated dose and tumor model; we understand the pharmacodynamics of your compound.
- Clinical Studies: With each step from study development to data analysis to modeling and simulation to precision medicine, our team supports all areas of pharmacokinetics research and discovery.
Contact Information for Pharmacokinetics Shared Resource
If you have questions about pharmacokinetics services through Shared Resources at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center or need assistance with research efforts, please contact our team or view more information on our Pharmacokinetics Core website.
Pharmacokinetics Shared Resource
Director: Duxin Sun, Ph.D.
Manager: Bo Wen
Location: NCRC, Bldg 520, 3400