Art Studio Workshop Exhibit
January through March 15, 2015This Voices Gallery exhibit showcases art works made by workshop participants during Art Studio Workshops or at home using techniques learned in the classes.
The creative process involved in making art is healing, enjoyable, and life enriching. The UM Cancer Center Art Therapy Program offers monthly workshops for cancer patients, cancer survivors, and their teen or adult guest in a supportive studio environment. The workshops are facilitated by the Cancer Center’s art therapist and are designed for both budding and experienced artists. No art experience is needed, supplies are included and the workshops are offered at no charge for participants.
Comments from past participants:
- "This workshop is so fun for me. I enjoy it every month I can attend."
- "I left the workshop feeling more relaxed. It was certainly worth my time. They have all been extremely good sessions. I have learned so much."
- "It is fun to meet new people and make art with them!"
- "The best therapy - It has made such a difference in my life."
- "I always feel happy after I’ve been to the workshop. I love sharing what I have created with others."
- "It was my first time at an art session. I found it very enjoyable."
The Voices Art Gallery is offered by the Cancer Center Art Therapy Program and is made possible by gifts to the Helen and Sonya Fund and the Cancer Center Art Therapy Program. Program supplies are generously supported by the Robert Bruce Dunlap Memorial Fund.
Learn more about how you can make a gift to the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center.