To ensure that the billing process goes smoothly, please:
- Provide a current phone number, address, and most recent insurance information.
- Understand your insurance benefits, limitations and procedures.
- Be prepared to make payment at the time of service for co-pays and non-covered services.
For billing and insurance questions: Toll-free: 855-855-0863 OR 734-615-0863
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. | firstname.lastname@example.org
To update your account information: Toll-Free: 866-452-9896
Hours: Monday - Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Contact Patient Customer Service toll-free 855-855-0863 to make arrangements if you cannot pay your balance in full. All patients are responsible for balances due on their accounts, and payment is due upon receipt of the bill. Michigan Medicine employs third-party collection agencies to help resolve unpaid balances.
Call Health Information Management Department
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
To pay your bill online
Please note that because of security measures, you cannot pay bills through the MyChart app for Apple or Android
- Select “Billing & Insurance” tab of the portal
- View your billing account summary, which includes information about any hospital and professional services received after February 1, 2012.
- If you have an outstanding balance on an account, click Pay Bill to pay online using a credit card.