Providing diagnosis and treatment for patients with esophageal cancer, as well as cancer tumors of the lungs, chest wall, diaphragm and mediastinum
Our LocationU-M Comprehensive Cancer Center
1500 East Medical Center Drive
Floor B1, Room 363, Reception: E
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5912
Map, Driving Directions and Parking Information.
The Thoracic Cancer Clinic assembles a team to provide care to our patients diagnosed with esophageal (and other thoracic) cancers. The team is staffed by:
- thoracic surgeons
- medical and radiation oncologists
- physicians assistants
all dedicated to providing patients with the best possible care.
The Clinic offers patients:
- review of medical records prior to each appointment to facilitate an efficient and cost-effective visit
- multidisciplinary coordinated clinic care in which additional tests and appropriate consultations are scheduled on the same day whenever possible
- the expertise of the Multidisciplinary Thoracic Tumor Board for consensus treatment decisions
- comprehensive patient education materials
- an opportunity to meet with a health educator or dietitian to discuss concerns or special needs
- access to support groups
- reports to referring physicians within 48 hours of the visit
Support for our patients and their families
We understand the stress and confusion a cancer diagnosis can cause. Counseling and emotional support are integral parts of the Comprehensive Cancer Center. Our support programs include patient education and support groups, a Symptom Management Clinic and many more. Please take time to visit the Patient Support Services area of this website. We outline the services available to our patients at every point in their care.
Make an Appointment or Ask a Question
The nurses at Cancer AnswerLine™ have answers. Call 1-800-865-1125 and you'll get a personal response from one of our registered nurses, who have years of experience in caring for people with cancer.