Patient and Family Advisory Committee
What is a Patient and Family Advisory Committee?
Established in 2011, the Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Patient and Family Advisory Committee (PFAC), partners patients and families with members of the health care team to provide guidance on how to improve the patient and family experience. Our committee is comprised of:
Patients, families, clinicians, staff and administrators who serve as a voice for patients and family members. We work together to deliver the highest quality care possible for patients.
To ensure the highest standards of family-centered care in adult cancer care areas of Michigan Medicine.
Opportunities for Patient and Family Advisory Committee Members
Opportunities can include, but are not limited to:
- Develop patient and family education and communication materials.
- Generate new program ideas to benefit patients, family members and caregivers.
- Enhance ongoing collaboration and cooperation among clinicians, patients and families.
- Participate in the development and planning of patient and family events.
- Provide feedback on new facilities and facility renovation.
- Promote awareness of opportunities and key resources that will help patients and family members navigate through the system.
Join Us in Sharing Your Patient and Family Voice
If you are a current or former patient or a family member of the cancer program at Michigan Medicine, please consider joining us to share your experiences.
- Monthly meeting for 2 hours one evening per month, except August and December. Could include additional responsibilities such as participation in hospital committee meetings, PFAC task group meetings, or research.
- E-Advisors are also needed. If you cannot make the time commitment to become a PFAC member, please consider being an E-Advisor. E-Advisors may: Review and comment on patient education materials and provide input on various topics through electronic surveys.
How to Join Us:
For more information on becoming a PFAC member, learn more on our Membership Profile page; or visit or call:
Patient and Family Centered Care, Office of Patient Experience
Use our online application