Bladder Cancer Patient Education and Resources
There are many resources available to those diagnosed with Bladder cancer:
from the U-M Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Bladder Cancer Information Guide [pdf]
Provides a lists of resources, from books and video, to web sites and newsletters.
- Treatment Handbook: Neobladder
provides surgery and recovery information.
- Bladder reconstruction with a neobladder
Urologist Cheryl Lee explains this option for urinary diversion
- Introduction to Clinical Trials
- Bladder Cancer Clinical Trials
- What is Chemo Brain?
- Bladder Cancer Support Group Flyer [pdf]
- Upcoming Support Group dates
- At diagnosis
- During Cancer Treatment
- Survivorship - After Treatment
- Advanced Cancer
- Regaining sexual intimacy after urologic cancer
four steps you can take now
- Bladder cancer and smoking
Smoking is the number one risk factor for bladder cancer
- Blue light cystoscopy for bladder cancer
New technique uses a blue light to see more of the bladder cancer tumor
- Ten Things Every Woman Should Know About Her Bladder.
The support group doesn't meet in December but will resume in January, 2018.
Patient Support Services Program
Articles and research news from our blog, mCancerTalk:
- The Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN)
Provides education and information including bladder cancer facts, research news and information about support services for patients and families
- Bladder Cancer information from the American Cancer Society.