Integrative Oncology Scholars Program
Applications for the Integrative Scholars Program are due January 15, 2018
What is integrative oncology?
"Integrative oncology combines the discipline of modern science with the wisdom of traditional healing. It is an evolving evidence-based specialty that uses complementary therapies in concert with medical treatment to enhance its efficacy, improve symptom control, alleviate patient distress, and reduce suffering.” From "Integrative Oncology in North America" by Stephen Sagar in the Journal of the Society for Integrative Oncology. Winter 2006;4(1):27-39.
Apply today using our online application form
What is the Integrative Oncology Scholars Program?
The Integrative Oncology (IO) Scholars program is a free year-long training program from the University of Michigan (U-M) Medical School, funded by the National Cancer Institute. This program trains health professionals in evidence-based integrative and complementary oncology through on-site and distance learning. As an IO Scholar, you will develop the knowledge and skills to provide safe and evidence-based integration of complementary therapies in conventional oncology care.
Who can apply?
Licensed physicians, nurses, physician assistants, social workers and psychologists working in clinical oncology environments are encouraged to apply. CME/CE credits and travel funding for our Ann Arbor-based learning sessions are available.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Interest (one page), which should include
- Description of your institution/clinic's current integrative oncology resources
- Examples of how taking this course would assist in patient care, oncology research, or education of other oncology professionals
- THREE letters of recommendation
- Letter from professional colleague
- Letter from your healthcare system, cancer center etc., as applicable, indicating that you will be given the time necessary from clinical work to complete the in-residence portions of the course, and to allow you to make a presentation about the course and your capstone project (see below for Capstone description) at your healthcare system
- Letter from an oncology professional at your institution, who has agreed to review your capstone proposal and to assist in finding appropriate ways to disseminate the IO Leaders experience at the institution
- Capstone Project proposal (one page)
- Optional: Application for travel scholarship
To learn more, please visit the How to Apply web page on the Integrative Oncology Scholars website.
For more information please visit the Integrative Oncology Scholars website. Or, contact them by phone 1-888-603-2533; or email: email@example.com.